Home improvement projects are incredibly exciting! Whether you’re ready to renovate your outdated kitchen or interested in a home addition, remodeling brings new life to your home. However, the process can quickly turn stressful and burdensome if you don’t have a quality remodeling contractor. Take the time to choose a trustworthy, quality team with the following tips.
1. Ask for recommendations. Turn to your family, friends, neighbors and coworkers for referrals to great remodeling contractors in the area. Chances are at least some of these people have hired a home remodeler recently, or know someone who has. The value of word-of-mouth recommendations and a contractor’s reputation can not be overstated! Get the inside scoop on remodelers in the Columbia area when you talk to friends and family.
As you begin to look into contractors, consider the following points.
2. Read reviews. An abundance of positive reviews is the true sign of excellence! Once you have a number of contractors in mind, read and compare their reviews. TrueSon Exteriors has several five-star reviews on Google and Facebook for home remodeling services in Columbia, MO. We’re proud to have provided mid-Missouri with great service over the years, and hope you’ll take the time to see what our past customers have had to say!
3. Get detailed bids. After you’ve narrowed down your choice of contractors based on word-of-mouth referrals and online reviews, it’s time to get price estimates on your home remodeling project. It’s not a bad idea to get bids from a handful of contractors to see how they compare, especially if your project is a larger investment.
Bids should be detailed and break down the estimated costs, scope and work schedule for all facets of your project. When choosing your contractor, you should feel very confident in the proposal the chosen contractor provided, and feel assured that no stones have been left unturned. As a courtesy, TrueSon Exteriors provides free estimates on all of our home remodeling projects in Columbia, MO. Whether you need exterior or interior remodeling, our team is happy to visit your home and provide you with an accurate price estimate. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation!
4. Interview candidates. At this stage in the process, hopefully you’ve gotten to meet some contractors you feel comfortable with and confident in. Before making your final decision, be sure to interview your top candidates about their remodeling process. We’ve compiled a list of some of the most important questions to ask:
5. Ask for referrals. Finally, don’t just take contractors’ word for their great service — talk to their customers! In addition to seeing photos of recent projects on contractors’ social media platforms and websites, ask if they have any recent clients who would share their experience or provide a testimonial. This should be the final seal of confidence before selecting your home remodeling team and moving forward!
The team at TrueSon Exteriors has been providing exceptional remodeling in Columbia, MO for over 10 years. We’re the experts in exterior and interior remodeling, including the following services:
At TrueSon, we know there is no substitute for quality, and nothing is more important than customer satisfaction. Not only are we thorough in our communication and skilled at our craft, but we also strive to exceed your expectations. We provide an unmatched five-year labor warranty on all of our services to ensure you get the results you deserve. To learn more about our home remodeling in Columbia, MO and schedule a free consultation, contact us today or give us a call at (573) 442-7292!