Every business is unique. Just like a home, a commercial building also warrants a roofing system that will complement the overall structure of the building. Your business deserves a roof with inviting curb appeal to draw in potential customers. Aside from the aesthetics, you should also depend on your roof for protection and stability throughout the unpredictable weather changes we see here in the Midwest. For professional commercial roofing contractors, chose Trueson Exteriors.
The Basic Function of a Roof System
Summed up in one word, a roof’s sole purpose is to provide shelter. The quality of your roof is just as crucial as the quality of your building’s structure. A good roof system will be airtight, allowing minimal drafting to enter. Your roof allows you to create a climate controlled environment within your space by allowing as little air in as it does out. Additionally, your roof should protect your business from weather elements such as snow, rain, ice, heat and cold. Although a roof sets on the external part of a structure, its performance directly correlates to the interior functions within the building. A sturdy roof will ensure there are no leaks that may result in water damage to interior systems such as electrical wires or insulation. A roof is a vital element in the success of the overall functions within a structure. Choosing the right roofing material based off of your building’s needs will ensure a protected, secure and thriving environment for your business.
Key Considerations for Deciding On A Commercial Roof System
As previously discussed, every structure is different. For this reason, it is vital to consider the individual needs of not only the structure but also assess the impact it will have on you as the owner of the building.
- Material features and benefits: Consider how the roofing material features and benefits will apply to your building’s individual structure. Although a certain material may be packed with benefits, it may not satisfy the needs of the way your infrastructure was built from an internal point of view.
- Options for attachments: Later down the road in your business’s life cycle, you may want to expand your space. Building additions may become much more complicated if your original roof is not easily compatible with expansions.
- Maintenance: Once installed, a roof functions independently. However, every system requires some level of roof upkeep and maintenance.
Closely examine these considerations before choosing your commercial roof system to ensure you are getting the most compatible option for your business.
To help jump-start this process and receive expert advice, schedule a free consultation with TrueSon!
Commercial Roofing Systems Offered by TrueSon Exteriors
Before choosing your roof materials, let’s talk shapes. The fitted shape of your roof determines a couple things: how high your ceilings will be, ventilation options and exterior/interior protection. Asses these components before reaching your decision. Listed below are common roofing systems as well as their functional benefits.
- Flat Roof Systems: Utilizing a very low pitch, these roofs have no visible sloping lines and therefore appear flat. Although sloping may not be visible, there is just enough there to ensure water and other forms of precipitation do not pool on the roof. Due to their flat surface, these roofs can be easily converted into additional spaces such as a rooftop garden or even an extra office. Compatible with several roofing materials, flat roofs prove to be a versatile option.
- Curved Roof Systems: Arched roofs offer strength as well as simplicity. They are an extremely customizable option for businesses as they can be specifically tailored to the business’s unique architecture. Additionally, they are an eco-friendly choice as they reduce CO2 emissions.
- Hip Roofing Systems: A hip roofing system is comprised of four slopes that come together at the top to form a narrow ridge. This system offers increased stability, resulting in the ability to stand up against high winds. The hip roofing system also allows rain and snow to easily slide off of the roof due to increased slope. With availability for higher ceilings, ventilation as well as attic space are improved.
Most Common Commercial Roofing Materials for Midwest Weather
The Midwest presents unpredictable weather throughout the 4 seasons we experience. The climate ranges from sunny and 75 one day to golf ball size hail the next. With no control over the natural elements, it is best to choose a material that can stand up to mother nature in all her forms. We have compiled a list of our roofing materials that we offer at TrueSon Exteriors as well as their benefits.
The installation process for an asphalt roof is quick and easy. The shingles of an asphalt roof are energy efficient and will help regulate as well as control the climate within your business. This is also a very eco-friendly option as the asphalt is a recyclable material, making it a great choice for the environmentally conscious! With proper maintenance, this durable material can last anywhere from 20-30 years.
A metal roof can offer your business the utmost protection from unpredictable and harsh weather. These are also a low-maintenance option, as they are extremely sturdy and durable. Reflective of solar heat, a steel roof can cut down on cooling costs by up to 25%. With lifetimes lasting up to 70 years, steel roofs are a dependable, low-maintenance option for your business.
Similar to metal roofs, concrete roofs are extremely strong. They have the ability to withstand high winds and heavy precipitation. Their durability is partly what contributes to their long lifespan. Additionally, this material is easy to clean, making it another low-maintenance option.
Priced at an affordable cost, this is an extremely versatile material that allows for plenty of personalization and customization. You can choose from different sizes, shapes and colors of your composite shingles to compliment your business. Since recycled plastics can be incorporated into this material, composite shingles are also an eco-friendly option.