How are Replacement Windows Installed? A Guide to Window Replacement in Columbia, Mo
When it comes to home improvement, many homeowners are focused on aspects of their home that are readily obvious: the lawn, the front porch, the backyard, etc. However, your windows are a crucial part of your home, and an aspect many people overlook. It can be difficult to tell whether your home is in need of window replacements, but in this blog, we’ll go over classic signs of window deterioration and when it’s time to install new ones. For the best window installations in Columbia, Mo, contact TrueSon Exteriors.
How to Know When It’s Time For a Window Replacement in Columbia, Mo
So, how do you know when your home needs window replacements? It may be a minor issue, or a combination of reasons. Here are some classic signs it’s time for a window replacement:
- Excessive outdoor noise
- Draft when windows are closed
- Frames are soft, chipped, or water damaged
- Difficulty opening, closing, or locking the window
- Condensation build up between layers of glass
Again, window problems can present themselves in one or several problems at once. The issues you experience with your windows are also dependent on the type of windows you have. Generally, older windows have poor sealing, so you’ll know it is time to replace when your heating and cooling bill jumps up and stays there. When it comes to whether a partial or full replacement is needed, you have two options. The technician can pull off the interior and exterior trim to install a whole new window unit. The other option is to install a window insert – a smaller unit that fits inside the existing opening, without the need for removing the existing trim. The latter saves you around $150 to $300 per window, but because it doesn’t include insulating air gaps, energy efficiency may suffer.
FAQ’s About Window Replacement in Columbia, Mo
Why is it important to replace failing windows?
- There are three reasons why it is important to replace failing windows: security, energy efficiency, and curb appeal. Faulty windows present a safety risk, as they are easier to break. Additionally, you could be paying much more in utilities if you have poorly insulated windows. Plus, when it comes time to sell your home, new windows look and perform better, increasing curb appeal and resale value.
How much does it cost to replace a window/windows?
- It depends, but window replacements are generally $450-$1000 per window. So, if you’re going to replace a few, you might as well do them all if that makes the most financial sense.
Do I have to replace with the same window as before?
- No, in fact, upping the quality is a good move. You’ll gain more energy efficiency & resale value. At TrueSon Exteriors, we prefer Pella Windows because of their high quality and performance.
Should I replace with energy efficient windows?
- Upfront, it’s more costly, but will save you money in the long run and resale value. According to the National Association of Realtors’ 2016 Cost Versus Value study, homeowners get about 73% of their replacement window investment back when they resell their home.
How do I choose a window installation company?
- Look at price, material, glass options, selection, warranty, service, & references when choosing a window installation contractor. At TrueSon Exteriors, we are dedicated to providing the highest quality work alongside stellar customer service. To learn more about the services we provide and our local impact in Columbia, Mo, visit our exterior services page.
Should I try to install windows myself?
- Unless you’re trained to install windows, we don’t recommend it! Let the professionals at TrueSon Exteriors get the job done right! Call today for a free consultation.
What are the benefits of getting replacement windows?
- Again, when it comes to making the decision of whether or not to replace your windows, it’s a good move for these reasons: energy efficiency, resale value, and overall security. Window replacement is a great investment for your home whether you’re moving next year, or planning to stay in your home for a while.
Have questions about window installation in Columbia, Mo? No worries – reach out to us and get a free consultation!
Call TrueSon Exteriors Today to Get a Window Replacement in Columbia, Mo
In need of window replacements? Don’t hesitate to call the professionals at TrueSon Exteriors for premier window installation in Columbia, Mo. We understand home improvement projects can be invasive and annoying, which is why our skilled technicians come in, complete outstanding work, and then get out of your hair so you can return to normal life. Have questions about window replacement or our other services? Contact us today!